Excellent attendance to school is very important if your daughter is to take full advantage of the opportunities available to her at the Poly and make excellent progress.
If your daughter is not feeling completely well, remember that often students feel better once they are at school and taking part.
If in any doubt, please send your daughter to school and should she become too ill to be here we will contact you to make the necessary arrangements.
Any absences must be reported to the school office, via the school phone number 0208 059 2800 or email address, this should be on the first day of absence and any subsequent days.
If your daughter does not arrive at school, and we have not had notification from you, you will receive a message asking you to contactus with the reason that she is absent.
Please remember that we expect all students to have a minimum of
97% attendance and rewards will be given for those that achieve 100%.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY HOLIDAYS TAKEN IN TERM TIME WILL BE UNAUTHORISED ABSENCES.
- All students are expected to be in school on time every day. School begins at 8.30am, this means that students should be in the playground ready to line up at this time, so we advise that your daughter arrives at school by 8.25am.
- If your daughter is late, she must sign in at reception upon her arrival and will be kept behind after school that day for an hour.
- If your daughter is going to be late due to an appointment, then please call the school in advance to let us know or provide her with proof of the appointment to show the school office.
- We are very strict when it comes to punctuality as lateness causes so much disruption to the school day for the student that is late and others.
- It is also good preparation for the world beyond school –appointments, meetings, trains, and planes will not wait for someone that is late!